Sunday, June 2

Fox asked

I woke
having dreamt of a fox
and I needed to tell a friend.

conveniently I knew a married man who had been wed by a fox so I sent him an email.


I recounted to him that

i had found her near water
in a quiet spot
of what felt like a national park.

it was daytime
and i was carrying this black fox
with grey/white flecks
around in both my arms.

she seemed calm and content
i remember her slow breathing
as her body pressed into mine

I passed by people paddleboarding
down a steep river, akin to a waterfall,
and was amazed.

i met up with some other people
and a man told me that
the fox i was holding was an old female.

I realized she was a grandmother

there were other foxes socializing
with each other near where we were talking.

i put the fox down
and became worried
so we caught her
even though
she wasn't running away

As i held her again
i realized that it was crazy
to be holding this fox
as she is alive
in her own life

i put her down
and she asked me
'how are you guys running?'
to which i responded
"not enough"

it was a neat way to start the day

No comments: