Monday, October 28

where I'm from

We are each from places
We are all part of families that connect us to the beginning.

We are also alive in geographies
Though the sustenance of our living may be more widespread as
the food that I eat is from Hazelton, Saskatchewan, California,
the clothes I wear from new zealand wool, woven in the united states
natural gas from alberta heats my house
electricity from ... bakes my potatoes and powers this computer...

I am largely ignorant of the places and people that sustain my life

I honour the living places of my life and accept the responsibilities to worship the earth through my living. I feel a praise/grief in my living relations - for this is where I'm from - and this may be more significant than tracing one's heritage.

It's time we deepen into relationship with the actual stuff of our lives so as to exhibit what others will describe as culture, emerging from the ways that we relate with life

Michale Stone suggests this as a deepening materialism in this short ted talk.


No comments: